• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

350 rancher es, kodiak

DRH1175

I was leaning towards the Kodiak 450 but came accross a great deal on the rancher es for almost a grand less. Those who have used this quad how would you rate it. Would I be happy for ice fishing and hunting. Even compared to the Kodiak. I wouldn't mind saving the $1000 to be used on equipment.

let's see, for $1000 less you get yourself bullet proof honda reliability? and you have to even ask the question?!

the honda rancher is a great machine. the only drawback i see to it is fulltime 4wd. its nice to be able to switch into 2wd for trail riding.

In the end, you get what you pay for.. I'm not saying the more expensive item is always better.. but I wouldnt trade my Kodiak 450 for anything... It has gone far beyond my expectations with no problems... work, hunting, fishing, and a whole lot of playing in the mud in between.

The Kodiak is also a very comfortable machine to ride. I wouldnt want a machine that was in 4wd all the time.. much more difficult to maneuver, and much more effort on the steering.

If you are going to do more "work" than "play" get the rancher es. You can have a Warn 424 installed to allow you to put the wheeler in 2 wheel drive. I have a 2003 and 2004 and they do everything we ask them to.

Dan - that you?

I'd say that the Honda would certainly do the job on the ice and in the woods - they're workhorses and they're pretty bulletproof. The Kodiak will probably be better riding trails and chugging through the tough stuff with the lockable 4wd and hte extra cc's on the motor.

Here's what it comes down to for me, though: for some reason I just love the Yammy Griz. I know that if I bought a Honda instead, I'd be content, but I'll always want a Griz. For that reason, I'll end up buying a Yamaha because I'd always have that smack of regret in the back of my mind if I didn't, and would end up trading ATVs later anyway.

Go with what you really want and what fits you the best. In the grand scheme of things $1K won't ruin your life - especially if you were already planning on spending the $$ before you found the Rancher.

Let us know what you decide.

Later,

Blaze