• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

polaris twin engines

grizzly

just wondering if anyone has had or heard of problems with the twin engines on polaris. I was thinking of getting the 700 twin but I thought I heard of someone having problems with them so I might go with the 500ho. thanks for any help

Hi grizzly..

I've been running a 700 twin HARD for close to a year now with no problems to report. From high speed blasts down logging roads to getting tank deep in some of the nastiest goop you could imagine. My 700 twin has yet to miss a beat.

I've heard most of the "horror" stories concerning the Polaris twins, but have yet to see any of them in person. Aside from a couple minor factory updates, my 700 has been a "pet rock". Proper maintenance goes a long way!!

I regards to your choices... I.M.H.O. you can't go wrong with either one. grin.gif

I have 1 Polaris 600 and it has performed great. I have also heard of some horror stories but have not experienced any myself. The polaris is a great machine, I had a 500 before the 600 and that was great too. Like said before a little regular maintenance goes a long way in any machine. Good luck with whatever you choose.

My dad has a couple of polaris's including a 500 HO and a 600 twin. The Engines in both seem to run well, but IMO the 500 HO all around is a better machine. powerwise the 500 HO sticks with the 600 twin and the handling and comfort of the ride seems better on the 500 HO.