• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

90 cc Koplin or like model

The Grebe

Have no experience with ATV's...would one of those little dudes, like the Koplin 90 cc, with an adult rider, be enough to pull a portable fish house and related gear on early and late ice?

If one of those little 3 wheelers can do it, why not the little ATV? Just wondering, trying to make life easier, have no use for an ATV other then mentioned above, so I really don't want to invest anymore then I have to to get the job done!

I figure that if Matt Dillion can ride that little horse, I could certainly get from point A to point B on a little ATV.

I seen one out at Northern Hydralics when I went out there to pick up a trailer. Anybody know anything about the short rounds?

Grebe,

Don't even bother, IMO. The weight limit is rated about 150 pounds plus with such low ground clearance, you'll be pushing more than riding with minimal snow amount. Weight on the machine will stress the suspension components and drive belt. Each of my boys has a 90cc, one with much more aggressive tires than most youth quads and they had a heck-of-a-time out on the backyard pond this winter.

In the old days, I believe the tire size was larger on the smaller 3-wheelers than on the youth 4-wheelers nowadays. Ground clearance was slightly more and only had one front wheel to push/roll.

* one of those little 3 wheelers * ... my 185s looks tiny sitting next to a kodiak 450.

3 wheelers are also gear/clutch driven, no belts. As Dave stated, them little 4 wheelers are designed for small riders.

Honda 110 - 200s ATC's (3 wheelers) rear tire size is 22x11x8 .. or 11" wide on the tires ... 22" of tires on the rear axle. Thats a real wide footprint for a ton of bite, and you dont sink in as much because the machines are very light.

A grown up size 4 wheeler will have more ground clearance, and will get around well with tire chains in the snow.. you will not be happy with a youth model.

Dave and Fisher Dave...Thank you very much, you answered my questions and saved me some dough! Probably alot of unneccessary headaches to! Experience sure does count!

I guess I had better start looking in another direction? But, by hook, or by crook, I will have something to get out to those Mille Lacs Perch, once the shoreline gets to rough for a truck.

Thanks again fellas.

Suzuki makes a 160...might be a little closer to do doing what you want..most of them also make 250's...prices still pretty good on them....although you'd probly want 4wd for ice fishin

Pike...I would mostly want it for early ice, when you can't drive on it yet and late ice, when you can't get on it TO drive.

I have nothing that I do, other then ice fishing, whereby I would need an ATV, so I'm looking for something that is cost efficent.

Grebe .. my neighbor at my last house was considering selling his 3 wheeler (110 atc) .. that machine is in very good shape and runs great... has both high and low range, it would do what you need it to, as long as the snow wasnt 20' deep...

what kind of price range are you looking for, I can talk to him when I stop up this coming week... I would buy it but I dont need it... I dont know if I'm quite ready to sell off any of mine yet.