• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big and Stupid Bass

bigbassmadisonfrombdr0sy.jpg

6lb 0oz Madison Lake Caught on a Yum Dinger - 2-3 feet of water.

copyof4lb14ozpotatojune10046qt.jpg

4lb 14oz Potato Lake Caught on a Scum Frog in the lilly pads.

copyofaug02044lb5xh.jpg

4lbs Potato Lake Caught on a 5" blue tube in the bullrushes.

copyof4lb9oz9oe.jpg

4lb 9oz Potato Lake Caught on a White Buzzbait in the bullrushes.

copyofsept24044lb12oz5sp.jpg

4lb 12oz Potato Lake Caught on a White Terminator Buzzbait in the bullrushes.

Nice pictures! I really like the way you hold your fish. Supporting them with your other hand. I see way too many people holding them for a picture by just the lower jaw. Sometimes they even hold them straight out to the side just by the lip. It seems to me that it would stress the jaw somewhat. But I don't know.

I'd have to disagree about the size thing. I love seeing these pics large size like this. Awesome pics. Now can you tell me how to catch em like you? :-)

they were refering to before i resized them. you could only see half the picture before. much better now.

thanks Dan.. it seems right to hold them like that.

I don't know if I'd call it luck Andy, you always seem to catch big bass where ever you go. You're too hard on yourself grin.gif

I remember that 6 pounder you caught, what a pig!

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Here's a great photo of what happens to be my largest Largemouth Bass. I caught it a few weeks ago while fishing crappies

from shore at Medicine Lake. The 'Big, Stupid Bass' inhaled my 1/16oz white Flu-Flu/Crappie Minnow combination. My poor little

ultralite spinning combo had its hands full with this fish. I had to let the fish fight its own fight and wait him out. He eventually

wrapped himself around the cattails immediately behind me in the photo. Being the adventurous guy that I am, I went in after him

in my blue jeans and tennis shoes and ended up crotch deep in the lake before I got her out. I had my buddy snap a few photos

and away it went. The bike ride home was a little cold & uncomfortable with wet jeans & shoes! grin.gif

Hear is the 4 lbs, 4 ozs that I'm proud of.

medicinelakebass5fs.jpg

Heck, if I catch a few more of these, I just may have to take up bass fishing. grin.gif