• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thompson contender rifles

wellsupplyguy

Why I like the Thompson Center Contender system. One stock to get used too, one trigger to learn and the choice of so many calibers, a muzzleloader and a shotgun. And the hunter who choses this system has to have the discipline of a single shot when shooting at live game.

There is an old saying that goes something like " Beware the man who only has one gun, He probably knows how to use it."

While you won't save tons of money on the Thompson Center Contender system there can be some definate advantages for a mixed game hunter.

If you own one of these do you have to buy scopes for each rifle or do they somehow interchange easily,the one shot thing doesnt bother me,Isee it as my kids being able to use it with different barrels as they get older it just seems like I would save some money this way .

I would not go into a tc strickly with the idea of saving money because tc owners seem to get caught up in barrel buying. I found that out the enjoyable way. Yes, you can change the scope from barrel to barrel just by buying the same base mounts for each barrel but you have to resight each time you change. On the other hand if you have a scope on each barrel you can change barrels and your point of impact should not change. I have been shooting the tc handgun for 10 or more years with six differnt barrels and never had to resight because of changing barrels. Last winter I got my first encore rifle and have not been able to shoot it much but like it so fare.

Are they wearth the extra exspense, only you can decide that.

Since they are a single shot ,do they come with ejectors in them or are they available as a option?They seem like the way to ,Im leaning towards buying one.Can you put any brand of scope on them or do they sell their own line for them.