• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone have any recent info on the walleye bite on Upper Lake Sharpe? I would think the bite would be pretty good right now from the bridges to the Farm Island area. Was thinking about heading out there next week. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tadster,

The bite on Sharpe was fantastic last weekend. There were good numbers of fish caught from the Stilling Basin all the way down to the Fort George area. The Corp decided to crank up the water on Monday and the bite took a turn for the worse. I was out on Monday evening and we manged to hook 7 nice eyes from 15-18" pitching jigs in 5-15' in the stilling basin. We were fortunate to get what we did as most other boats that we talked to had a pretty tough go of it. It seemed like the key was finding slack water and fishing it instead of fishing in the strong current as there was a lot of debis floating down the river. The water should be cleared up by this weekend and the bite should get back on track.

NW Buck,

Thanks for the info. I know you have posted reports on both Sharpe and Francis Case. A friend of mine and I are going to either Chamberlain or Pierre the next week(6th through the 9th of April). I am wondering if we would be better off heading to Pierre. What would you do?

thanks

Probably a toss up. If you're fishing during the week, Chamberlain is sometimes a good bet because they run water more often at that time.

We're headed to Chamberlain for the weekend...I'll post a report here when we get back. Good luck!

NW Buck,

Thanks again for the input. Thats what I was wondering, as we will be fishing thurs/fri/sat next week, and I wasnt sure how much water they run into Sharpe during the week. Good luck yourself!! Sounds like the weather should be good. A couple of my friends from Spencer are headed to Chamberlain this weekend too. They will be fishing out of a ranger with 225 optimax. You might know them. Do you still teach in Hartley?

Tadster,

Unfortunately, the report isn't great...but it is honest grin.gif

The bite was very slow this weekend. We managed only a couple of fish in a solid day and a half of fishing. There were a few groups who did well, including a guy who took a nearly 14 lb. fish out of the shallow water stumps near Crow Creek. What a pig shocked.gif

That was one area a few guys did OK, and the other was pulling plugs near the White River. All in all, very slow, but could easily be different on another day. Also...we put in at the dam Sunday and they were running water for a few hours. I was surprised. Water temps running about 41 degrees. Go get 'em!

NW Buck,

Thanks for the info. The friends of mine from Spencer did ok, but really had to work for their fish. I heard it was really slow overall. I heard about the plugs down near the White River; am bringing the linecounters and boards to maybe give it a try. Oh well, either way, it beats workin!!! I'll let you know how it goes. Did you hear anything about how Lake Sharpe was last weekend? I hope we are going to the right lake.

Haven't talked to anyone who fished Sharpe, so I'm of no help on that one. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate for you, so go get 'em! I know there are a couple of groups from Hartley headed out this weekend, so I'll look forward to the reports.