• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Southern Minnesota Bowfishing

Hey guys,

I am from the Faribault area and I do a lot of Bowfishin, like at least 4-5 times a week. My problem is I am stuck up here in Duluth until May 11th with the whole college thing, and I am wondering what you guys think is going to happen this spring. My prediction is that the main run won't happen until mid-May, with there still being around 20 inches of ice. What do you guys think? I was in town this weekend for Easter and the water seemed to be normal to high, which could make for a really good year. I am just wondering how much of the spring run i am going to miss by not being able to get out until the 11th. Thanks, Brian-

I have tons of spots around the Faribault area, I just dont want to miss a lot of the season because I dont get out of college until the 11th. But with this late ice out I am thinking they will be running at least a couple of weeks late this year.

I have never been out bowfishing carp but would love to try.I know a few spots that would be awesome but have never tried.

How much does it cost to get set up??

I own a few compounds but think you need a recurve right?

Nope no recurve requiered, actaully most of the guys that I see are using compounds (what I use)arrows run between $6-$12 and you should have atleast on extra because I usually get caught up a rock or a tree branch. The line and reel cost about 50$ and if you don't have a bow you may be spending $200 or more. I recommend at least 120lb string!!

GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!