• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

One last weekend of riding!!!

311Hemi

Looks like there may be a storm a comin to central MN. If theses guys are right (we know how that goes) we could have a good last (or the first decent) weekend of riding in the white stuff (in the cities at least!!). I wonder if all this happened because I bought a new motorcycle thinking sledding was done for the year.....now it shows it's face for Possibly the biggest storm of th year.....I'm gettin exited to leave work early tomorrow!!!

Yea......I guess your right. I have been to the North Shore twice this year. We rode from Grand Marais to Grand Protage and then back the next day the first time. And then the North Shore Trail from Two Harbors to Lutsen the next time. Don't think I see another trailer trip up north this year.....but I have ridden only once in the cities this year. So now MAYBE a second time.....I have my fingers crossed! Some fresh powder ditches sound fun!!

We had a great weekend riding! Too bad the storm never showed up there. Its probably our last with Easter coming this weekend unless there is more snow. We trailered up to Goodland and took off from there. Hard to believe how perfect the trails were. We rode up through Coleraine and on up to Cook by way of the Greenway, Lawron, Mt. Eide, Daybrook, Taconite, Tim Corey and Bearskin trail. All were very good condition with the exception of a few small areas that had lots of traffic and sun and some logging. We never saw another sled until just before noon.

We ended up putting on 380 miles for the weekend, after going up thinking conditions would be marginal at best! The trails themselves would probably be ok another week or two, but the biggest problem was lack of snow in and near the towns to get gas or food. cool.gif

Macgyver55

we were north of nashwuak last weekend, there was some great trails, and some bad ones. we rode the tim corey trail, that was nice. the taconite trail was also good. riding from togo back to are shack was great. lots of snow, waiste deep. but it was our last ride of the year, which was a great year. did most of my riding in the palisade area this winter. time to put the sled away till next winter.

Its quite possible we passed on the trail. We were going to make the Togo loop too but were not sure about fuel being available. We really didnt see many sleds though. How many were in your group?

We've probably crossed paths several times in the McGregor/Palisade area since I spend a lot of time up there too. I must have fueled up in Palisade half a dozen times this winter.

You said you have a place on Fleming? A good friend of mine has a place on Wilkins right off 303rd Ave. I'll more than likely be over there on the wheeler in the coming weeks. Maybe see you around!

there was 6 of us,I was leading, I have a 2004 green firecat f6, and like you said, we pulled into our shack with our gauges on empty.

was up to the cabin this week, and did some wheelin'. I have a green yamaha grizzly with itp tires and rims. I sure I will see you up there, since I am there every weekend. give me a holler when you go up, and we will hook up for some riding.