• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter Fish houses seats

snowfighter

Question

Purchased new Otter Lodge house, debating between bench and single seats that swivel, like the way the bench stores in place, but wonder about comfort between the two. Any one out there with experence for some pro's and con's?

10 answers to this question

I have both styles. The bench is nice because it's mounted, can seat three if needed and tilts up easily for acess to the sled.

The swivel seat is comfy and the base isn't bolted in. You can leave it out very easyily. The seat base can fall into the sled when towing across the lake since it isn't bolted in.

I like fishing out of either one.

snowfighter,

I have not tried the bench seats, butI have tried both styles of the swivel seats. I would go with the standard ones. Very comfortable and take up a whole lot less room than the other ones with the cup holders and tray. Also they're about 1/2 the weight.

------------------
Paul
[email protected]
Marcum
Otter Outdoors

I've got the swivel cushioned seat with the plastic base. So far, I like it a lot and it has a cup holder. smile.gif

I'm going to figure a way to temporarily attach the base to the sled when traveling as it takes up room inside the sled.

Snowfighter, I didn't say but, I think the bench is comfy. Little kids have a harder time since it sits higher but they just put their feet on the sled's edge when mine are fishing with me.

I went with the bench seat and think I am going to like it.Its realy comfy and I already tested it for a knap.Works good! smile.gifYou can still access your minnow bucket from the front and there is no prblem getting to other stuff behind the seat.I am also making an auger rack that will attach to the bars that support the bench.That way your auger isn't bouncing around in the bottom of the sled.
You can order stuff right from their HSOforum.
http://www.otter.com