• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice at Waubay and surrounding area

fished dry lake by florence on sunday afternoon for gators, ice was getting pretty mushy. There was a wrecker pulling out a truck that had went through the ice partially when i got there, wouldnt reccommend driving out anymore. Also fished kampeska saturday afternoon, same story, gettin pretty iffy for vehicle travel, yet there were still people tearin' around out there. shoreline was getting real bad. Its supposed to cool down a little, should maybe stiffen it up a little again.

by the way, never had a bite all weekend, and my hound fell through the ice on kampeska by the rock pile. Silly boy just had to go chase the geese out of there when i wasnt lookin. he made it out safely, thank god!

Flag up!

Get the Gaff!

Ice was getting pretty bad on Saturday afternoon. The access on lakes were getting to be a huge mess. Heard of a truck going through on Enemy on Sat as well. With the colder weather I would imagine you could still drive a truck but be careful.

Ice was plenty thick at Waubay on Sat. But I walked. Several holes had water draining into them and eating away at the hole. We also saw several cracks in the ice that water was draining down. Once this starts look out. And sunday was even warmer so It could have gotten worse. Please walk! Oh, yea. Did ok. 28 perch and 3 walleye between three of us. Pretty hit and miss but satisfied considering we seemed to be doing better than most. Otherwise I would have called it slow.

A buddy was fishing on wed and thursday and drove out on waubay from the south east access and he said the ice seemed fine I would be careful and follow someone and not take off accross the lake the best deal at this time of the year is to ride in your buddies truck!