• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The BEST

wasssit

I think my Yamaha had the best ground clearance.... at least I know it did when I hit the 14" invisable snow-melt bank that got covered by 4" of fresh powder about 3 weeks ago at Christmas lake... 25mph or so was enough to get some serious air. I normaly wouldnt drive that fast on the ice, but all the snow had melted and the fresh powder just fell.. drove through there 3 times and never saw anything to suspect it might be there.

Right place at the wrong time left me airborn for about 20' and I landed on 1 tire(very lucky I wasnt seriouly hurt). When I hit the bank I was ejected off the seat, I somehow smashed my shin on the handlebar, and coming down i hit my chest hard enough to take the wind out of me on the windshield... thank goodness it is flexable. Upon landing, I landed the machine on the left front tire(bank was a mound, not strait at surface), the other wheels didnt hit for about 3'... I was out of position and disoriented so the machine started to fishtail.. but all was ok in the end...

Moral of the story.. We need to be careful out there, even more so in areas heavily used by the public in this case.. Even though we are familliar with the surroundings, it seems inevitable that there is always a surprise out there somewhere.