• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Figuring out the pattern.

bmc

I was out this past Tuesday afternoon on a lake I've never fished before. I've seen people fishing out in the middle, the "community" spot. I know people fish up on the north end when March comes along. I went out and punched holes from 15' out to 28' and the deeper I fished, the fewer fish I caught. I then went in closer to some standing pencil reeds and punched some holes from 15' into about 10'. Low and behold I was on top of panfish city! I was just C&Ring, but managed about 15 crappies and half a dozen nice sunnies before it got dark and I left. I've only seriously got into ice fishing the last few years and that was fishing the communtiy holes. It was a great feeling to get out and find my "own" fish so to speak.

Brian

Great job finding the fish Brian. I am in the same position as you, for ice fishing experience. I know that I need to challenge myself to get away from the crowds also. It's always easy to go over there but many people, including myself, need to take the action you have and find our own fish.