• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring Fever

Its that time of the year again. Spring Fever is starting to set in. I know I have a good 5 weeks before my favorite fishing hole opens up. I supose I could start Spring cleaning the house so that doesn't get in the way come nice fishing weather. That just doesn't sound like much fun. I'd much rather be up cleaning the camper up and getting that ready for the year. I guess I could start going threw some of my fishing gear and make sure thats all ready to go, but that will make matters even worse.

So what do you all do when Spring Fever hits you confused.gif

HI Del, Your welcome to butt in here any time your little ole heart desires. I bet that was fun catching that Northren. Now tell me did it really stop the Spring Fever or did it make it worse. crazy.gif That was a perfect eater size. Did you have fresh fish for supper tonight or did you release it? Good eaters if you get all the bones out. We stoped at Perkins for supper tonight after groc shopping and I had that Shrimp Feast. Yuck that was awful.

I just recently moved back to MN and am itchin' for Spring too! Cleaning doesn't sound much fun to me either. I'm not much of a ice-fishn gal. I'm longing for casting for bass or fishin' for walleye. Actually, I'm longing for just being outside in the MN sun with a line in the water. Don't care if I catch anything or not.

My dad got me hooked on this HSOforum. Glad to see there's a place for women who love to fish too. Been dreamin' about getting a boat but just read about fishing along the shores of the Mississippi River. Sounds like I may not need a boat after all! cool.gif

Hi FishNGal! I'm so glad all us fisherwomen are finding each other. Spring cleaning? What's that?! Ya mean going through my tackle box, organizing the tackle, making lists of what to buy next? smirk.gif I haven't been getting much done at all since I discovered this site. I'm reading everything I can, trying to learn now before the snow melts. It has helped getting down to the Mississippi, but it's definitely not the same as spring/summer fishing! Brrrr. I'd like to ice fish, but don't know much about that either. Anyway, decided to use the rest of winter to work on my oldest son's scrapbook. He's 19 and I'm only on age 8 right now in the book! (typical) grin.gif Hey, I've GOT to figure out what to do about "calls of nature" while boating with the guys. There's NOTHING worse than having to BEG to go to shore when we're catching fish. I'm thinking of DEPENDS!! wink.gif So far, I've known the guys that I was fishing with, and just asked them to look to the back of the boat, while I sat on an ice cream pail in the bow. That worked out pretty well. Any suggestions? confused.gif

missis. what i have done for gals is like you said .( i face the other way and they use a pail) what my daughter started doing was taking one of my coats/ rain coat) wraps it around her mid section for more privacy when using the pail . blush.gif

The raincoat thing is a great idea! Whenever I've been fishing with the guys, it was near Canada and pretty remote, so not too many other boats around. But fishing on the river would be different, and I couldn't quite figure out how to do that part! blush.gif But a rain poncho would work out perfectly for that application! grin.gif Thanks for the suggestion!

Also sorry to bump into the gals pages....

but i know the feeling of the shakes.... I posted "patiently waiting" under the minnesota river thread... quite the response, so we are all in the same boat. Fishngal22, just wanted to make sure you don't overlook the minnesota river for bank fishing. Check into the MN River forum, if you pick dark30's mind he will let you know of a few good spots. He is the undeclared profesional mn river bank fishermen. I may also give up some spots. I know of a couple close to the city where 2-8 lb walleys can ge caught with a slip bobber off of shore in the spring.... can be a lot of fun!

MNRiverRat

Pardon me - don't mean to intrude upon the 'ladies room' - but I had a point or two to put forward.

About those unwanted trips to shore vs. staying in the boat - do a google search for "travelmateinfo" - I think you'll find it interesting.

We slaked our jonez last week at a favorite Upper Missy spot. Rock Bass, Walleye and a good smally. I hooked 'em and my son landed 'em.

Mary - I'm noticing an annual pattern here grin.gif are you sure a more temperate clime might be more to your liking? I hate to see you torture yourself like this every February/March smirk.gif

HI Aquaman01, I just get Spring Fever about this same time every year. I've noticed a lot of other people do also. We don't ice fish so by the end of winter I'm just itching to go fishing. Its more desire then it is torture. We could go vacation down south I supose in the winter, but we use that all up in the Spring, Summer & Fall fishing in Minnesota. smile.gif

FisherMissis, They are very ackward to use. I got one a few years ago. I perfer the bucket thing when I'm by myself or the hubby. Best advise I can give you on this is don't drink a lot of liquids before you go out or well you are out and try not to think about it to much.