• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

8 days..

pudge

Can't wait! 8 days until the spring training schedule starts. I'm pretty excited, we got the entire staff back that lead the AL in ERA last year, the best all around outfield, Mauer says he feels good. Things are looking pretty sweet. I really only see one question mark...the infield. More so the left side. Rivas and Morneau will be fine. Need to see what happens at 3rd and SS. What do you guys think?

Cuddy came up as a third basemen and showed some serious skills at second last year, so I'm betting he will be just fine. Don't get me wrong, he's no Koskie (wonder mitt) but he will do well.

Shortstop and catching are my question marks. If Mauer stays healthy we're looking awful good. However, you have to wonder about a young catcher with a bum knee.

No matter how it pans out I can't wait for opening day!!!

This spring will be interesting to watch as to who steps up at the open positions. If the SS fail to do well then an option is to put Rivas there and Cuddy at second. Punto would be good, but I read that he has some injury issues. What happen to Tiffey? I know he got injured last year, but wouldn't he be a candidate for the corner? He did show some surprising promise. I think with the players we have along with the free agent signings Gardy will have to work his magic and make some good decisions. I think this spring will be very competitive in the infield. Hopefully some of these players can be good both at the plate and defense.