• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Thanks PERCHJR,

Your words mean a lot. It's because of folks like you that make all the hard work worthwhile!!!

I'm not upset and I don't believe any of us are. We will definitely do our best to make things fun, but it isn't possible without all of your support. We just want to do our best for everyone to have fun, especially the kids and familys. That's priority #1.

Thanks all for being there and joining in the fun. smile.gif

Anytime Rick, I have said this before you guys run a class act and keep it up, because I haven't found anything on the net that compares. Maybe catch yah on the water sometime!!! grin.gif

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING!!!

Dennis and others,

I've only been to the Medicine event so far but I'll be out at Rush this Saturday. One possible suggestion on the sponsor prize drawings would be to draw for the Marcum and Otter or other big prizes immediately as the first couple of tickets out of the can. That way everybody still has their ticket in the can and has a chance at them versus being "disappointed" that they got drawn early on the "smaller" prizes. I know I'm not attending only to win a prize but it was obvious some folks were "disappointed" when they were drawn early and thus didn't have a shot at the Marcum, etc..

There are lots of other great prizes but most everybody in attendence would probably like to think they had a shot at one of the biguns! Just like fishing.

I think it's great that you make sure the kids get a prize and I know my son has been hounding me to get the Hali on the end of a tipup to see how it works.

Tripleplay,

I have been to several events (Mille Lacs 04, URL 04, LOW 04/05, Burntside Bash 05) that FM has put together and they have all been well run. What they do is draw for the "smaller" prizes first then all the tickets are put back into the can/bucket for the larger prizes. I know this because last year at the URL event I won some Bio Bait then later I won the Otter Den (a large prize)- I was VERY HAPPY!!. They do not take your ticket when you win the "smaller" prizes so you still have your ticket stub for the "larger" prizes. I have learned something at each event that I have went to (do not follow Paul W. half way around the lake smile.gif, Lake Trout fishing is tough crazy.gif, bring all fish eligible to the weigh in by 2:00 blush.gif) the FM Staff are great helpers and alot of fun. Keep Smiling.

I don't think that happened at the Medicine event but what you have described would also meet what I've described as a way to keep everybody in the hopper for the big stuff. I'm pretty sure that once an orange stub came out of their can for the drawing it did not go back in.

Not to worry--I also have gone and will continue to go for the chance to meet some other FMr's and fish with some folks that really have their you know what together! I've learned a ton already just on the forum and getting a chance to see it in action and possibly learn more on the ice is what this is all about.

That has happened at a few events that we were certain we would make it all the way through the numbers. There is no gaurantee that entering means you get a prize. thanks for all the suggestions. We do want it to be a fun and rewarding day for all.