• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog won't stp chewing

Redhead76

I have a 9 month old black lab, and she chews up everything she can get. I know that dogs go through the fase. But i was sondering if there was anything i can do to make her stop faster. Also, she likes to bite. I have tride a few things, and she stops for a little while and then starts doing it again. Any advice would be appreciated.

Redhead76

The bitter apple works great, get a travel size spray botel and put some of it in there, then when you catch her chewing something she should not be, tell her NO and give her a small shot right in the mouth.

I did that with a foster dog I had and it worked well.

get a sack or rolled pig ears and rawhide. When the dog grabs something it shouldn't take it and replace it with the pig ear or chew treat. Kongs are great! When stuffed with peanut butter they provide several hours of relief from watching the dog. It's usually a problem until the young puppy has their permanent teeth in for a couple of months. I also see dogs that are cooped up during the winter months and not getting enough exercise start to destoy our of pure boredom and too much energy. You may want to exercise the dog more as well.