• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2005 Firecat

Shane683

Has anyone else with a 2005 Firecat had problems with the speedometer? Mine works sporadically-both on the digital read out and the guage. I checked with my dealer last night and it sounds like a common problem but they won't be able to get the parts to fix it until April.

Well if I was in your shoes I would not allow them to push me off til April. We are talking a brand new sled here a 2005 and when you purchased this sled it was a nice chunk of cash out of your pocket. I do not think they would have allowed you to say yeah I will take the sled but I will pay you when I feel the time is right. If I was you I would take this problem to the next step.CALL CORPERATE! You need your speedometer to work for today our spped limits are 50 at top and the law will nail you if you are speeding and they catch you. So by law they putting you at risk of a confrontation with the law if the speedo is not working properly.Make the calls and push things a bit. I for one will not allow no company to blow me off with some excuse like parts are months away. Tell them you will bring this sled back to there dealership and even swap it for a cat that is working properly. Just my way of not being pushed around by the Corperate guys...

Hey if your dealer says cat don't have the parts, they don't have them. Chances are the company that makes the parts can't get them made fast enough and they are only aloting so many to so many dealers. Yeah you can call customer service and complain, but the speedo's have been a problem since the inception of the firecat in 2003. No you won't be able to swap your sled for another one, life just don't work that way. Besides They shouldn't be able to give out speeding tickets anyway on trails. Your speedo can be off upto 10 mph either way. Trust me there is little or nothing that can be done until the parts are available. I deal with this everyday. So be cool Call customer service express your concerns but don't yell and scream at them, it's not the customer services guys fault either he's just a relay man.

Thanks for the responses. I'm not too concerned about the problem since when the speedometer isn't working the mileage isn't increasing. Just curious if anyone else was having this problem. cool.gif

RafterJ

I finally got out on my girlfriends dads new F6 EXT EFI (delivered in Oct). Man that thing is a blast. I really like the feeling of sitting up higher...vs my Polaris XC 600 SP. Has a very good ride to it on the trails and took me pretty easily in 6" powder on the lake.. That kind of [PoorWordUsage]es a guy off....but what can you do?

I guess buy a new sled...so I guess I will have to!!! LOL

Either was tkae it to the dealer..they should fix it!