• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shocks or more?

jerkin'm

Just purchased a 02 Arctic Cat ZR 600 Cross Country w/clicker shocks. After the first trip,(lots of slush,snow) got home and there seems to be a lot of "Slack" at the top of the suspension. When I lifted the rear off the ground to put the sled roller under I got about 3-6" before getting to any weight? Dead shock or more? It is in a heated garage so nothing is frozen up on it. Ideas?

jerkin'm-

I think my 02 ZR600 is set up similar to yours. I think you are OK. You want your suspension to work in both directions from your regular ride height/sled stance.

I can lift the back end of my sled up an easy 3-4 inches before I feel the weight. It is the same with the front. I can lift the front end up a good 3" or so before I can pick the skis off the ground.

Maybe there are other opinions but thats how I feel about it.

You've got to have suspension sag, or she'll buck ya right off. First off does it ride well down the trail. IF so leave'em alone. If not adjust them to your ride. If its still rough and sponging, it may be time for a rebuild. How many miles are on the sled, and has the previous owner ever had them rebuilt. If the shock are really bad and easy way to tell is jump on the back bumber of the sled and jump off it if your sled bounces right up and almost comes off the ground which some will I've seen it they are bad and need rebuilding. just my 2 cents cool.gif