• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Windshield

wally-eye

Hi wally-eye...

I've seen a few aftermarket units, and I.M.H.O.... They didn't trip my trigger. I went with a Polaris windshield on my 700. In fact, I actually got one meant for a 2005 model. I liked the looks a whole lot better and the little gaps near the headlight pod don't seem to bother me at all. The only mod you have to do is to get the brake line to the opposite side of the handle bars. To install the 2005 windshield, I first removed all the cable ties holding the wires to the bars. Then I removed the brake assembly from the bars, VERY carefully loosened the banjo bolt holding the brake line to the master cylinder and rotated it back a bit. Tightened the bolt and reattached the controls. All things considered, about a 30 minute install...

Cost is only slightly higher for the 05 windshield as comapred to the 04. And, so far, I feel it was well worth the extra sheckles. My 04.5 700 already has one, and my 500HO Sportsman is going to get one in the near future. I think I may have found a new fishin' partner.. wink.gifwink.gif Gotta keep her warm and happy ya know... grin.gif

HEY!!! I see you're just down the road from me... If you'd like to see the install in person, just let me know.

wally-eye, new in town? I live in Belle Plaine too,..maybe we can hook up sometime. I am leaving for Winnie in the morning, don't have anyone riding with yet, but meeting up with some guys from Bemidji in the morning for some perch and eye fishing. There are more to our plans, but hey if you ain't doing anything let me know.

I haven't tried the Poalris Lock-N-Ride but easy removal would be nice. A company called Sportech makes' the Polaris windshields. I believe. And, I've always had good luck with the Cobra windshield made by Sportech.

Thanks for the info. I didn't think the new Polaris Lock N Ride would work on my 2004. I like how it goes on and off quickly. I may have to give it a try.

GrouseHunt'R, I've lived in BP most of my life. I'm actually headed to Lake Minnewaska for New Year's. Hopefully to catch some walleyes and ride the 4 wheeler a little. I can't ride the snowmobile, but at least now we can do some ice fishing.

Well, I got my new quick connect windshield for my wheeler a couple days ago. I like the looks of it and it seems to do the job. Upon reading the instructions it said "On and off in 20 seconds" or something like that. Well they must have a slow stop watch. The new quick connect windshield from polaris uses a clamping system that goes around the handle bars. It would indeed be a 20 second install if you didn't have to work around the wiring harness', brake line, throttle cable, and winch wiring loom. All in all, I am pretty pleased with it. But in order to get it off, I'll need to cut some of the zip ties that I had to redo in order to move cables around. It isn't the "best" situation but it works....

JEV

It's an '02. The Polaris web site said it would work on any Sportsman. The windshield has some adjustment for angle and also up and down so it should be able to fit most wheelers.