• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

vented propane wall furnace

Question

Looking for vented wall furnace for fish house. Have posted in "wanted" forum but might start looking for new ones too. What are some places that sell them and what brands are out there other than Empire? Looking for something in the 15k btu range.

Any features to make note of when purchasing?

6 answers to this question

As we speak I am looking at a Northern Tool and Equipment catalog that I just received here at work, and they have some that run from 10,000 BTU's to 28,000 BTU's the price range is from $100 to $200 Both radiant and blue-flame models. I know they have a show room in Burnsville, and I think there is one in Maple Grove but I am not sure of that location. Go to northerntool dot com

[This message has been edited by danny berg (edited 08-08-2003).]

I bought one for my fish house at Fleet farm last year; they had 15,000 and 20,000 btu models. These are vented through the wall. They may not have them until closer to the heating season. I believe the brand name was Orbis.

Danny Berg,

No problem, I was also looking into ventless models but being that I plan on making this house a sleeper house and my kids will be sleeping in it, I will stick with a vented model.

I've checked fleet farm, menards, home depot, and northern tools but nobody has wall furnaces in stock - YET. Some said any day now. Anyone know of any in stock as of today?

Thanks again.

I am going to my Fishhouse this weekend to get some things out of it.I will look at who mfd'd my heater. Maybe they have a wall model available, I think it was built in Little Falls, or somewhere in that area. Let you know what I find out.

my only recommendation would be to get the biggest heater you can for your house. a direct vent heater puts out a lot less heat than the same btu ventless heater, i think because its drawing cold outside air rather than the inside air. i wish i had bought a bigger one for my house, but i still like it better than my old ventless