• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any F7 owners out there??

kb1965

Just wondering if there are any F7 owners around. I am looking at buying an 04 and have a couple of questions. Mainly is there anything you don't like about them. What type of fuel consumption? (I make a couple of runs where there is no gas stations for 95 miles)

Thanks for the help. Kevin

PS. honest answers only please

I guess it depends if its efi or carbed. I have a 04 f6 efi, and that thing gets great milage, 95 miles would be no sweat. it also depends on how hard you ride it, or if your trail riding or fluff riding. I have owned large horsepower sleds that got great milage while trail riding due to the fact they work less hard. I also would like to know about the f7, but I am sure it will do ok with milage.

f7 vs. ????

As far as mileage, 95 miles per tank I wouldn't think would be a problem. My ZR600 EFI can do that fairly easily.

The biggest complaint I've heard from some friends of mine is they don't necessarily like how the longer & narrower track handles. A friend of mine cross country raced a ZR Sno Pro which had the wider track and then had to race the F chassis Sno Pro and didn't really care for it at all. I'm just taking his word for it. He's still on the lookout for a 2002 ZR Cross Country edition thats a carryover.

If you aren't pounding through the ditches, you'd probably never notice the difference.

Thanks guys, most of the riding I do is on the trails. Once in a great while I'll get a wild hair and hammer the ditches. My wife say buy if you can figure out how to pay for it. Wonder how much I can sell a kidney on hsolist for?? :-)