• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brushy Ice Tourney

Ice still seems good to me on the north end no snow. I talked to some tourney officals and they said, they are still waiting for a beer distibutor to print the posters. They went with a different company this year and they are worse at getting them done than last years company. Next year they will print them. They will be taking pre-registration thru january When I get that info I will let you know... It's getting colder!!!

I have a offical flyer Feb 12 2005 7 to 3 Weigh in from 3to 5 at the phone office in Lehigh MUST register BEFORE FISHING!!! Registration at the phone office in Lehigh 9090 Taylor road north west part of Lehigh on top of hill. Pre Register by January 31 2005. 20$ adults 16 and under 10$. Pre register at Duncombe gas and grocery or river bend outdoors in Lehigh or by calling 515 359 2052 or 515 359 2396 if no answer leave message and number. CASH PRIZES are $100 for first $75 for second $50 for third. Four divisions Walleye, Crappie, Bluegill, and catfish. Will pay 3 places for heaviest individual fish in each division. PLUS first one to weigh in a 10- pound walleye will receive 500$ CASH. Soup supper will be at the weigh in also open to public. Raffle items 8 inch power auger, Vexliar, Two pearson ice house,Aqua view. Need not be present to win. Also ice rods, reels, minnow Buckets,jigs and much more serving till 7 pm. Any other questions I will try and get the answer. Thanks

me and my wife will be there but not fishing the tourney..i sold all my ice stuff years ago for a gun.. and besides everytime i went ice fishing i caught baby bluegills every fish i caught was too small tooo keep so i gave it up for hunting... wish i didnt do that.....looking to get back into ice fishing again...

The weather and ice conditions were perfect. Just enuff snow to keep the ice from beeing to slick. No 10# walleye but the wining walleye was just short of six pounds. And no catfish were caught. At noon the sun was out and I heard all kinds of people say they had to take there coats off becaus it was to hot... I think they said they had 128 paid contestants up about 30 from last year...

My buddy caught 2 dandy 13" perch, a bass and had 2lb bass up to the hole that broke him off. I caught a bass and 2 bluegills. I weighed the largest one in and missed 3rd place by .04 of a pound. I weighed in around 4:15 so maybe the places changed after we left and I was no where near the money. We missed some other light biting fish and probably should have had better numbers but that's fishing. We had a good time.

The guys who seemed to be doing the best were punching alot of holes around clumps of trees and then checking the spot with their cameras. They wouldn't fish until they located a group of fish and then they would catch the active fish and be on their way to the next holes.

A fun tournament and I learned some valuable lessons for fishing Brushy which was my main goal for the day.

abens1078