• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Outdoor Scenes

Picture of my uncle and cousin each with a quarter of elk on thier back. From we shot 3 elk in this canyon about 1.5 miles from camp on opening day. It took the next 3 days to pack them out. Alot of work but way worth it. It had snowed that night about 1 foot and that made for a pretty picture the next day.

Elk.jpg

This first picture is one of the elk we harvested that morning, nice mature cow.

elk20tv.jpg

This is a picture of the meat pole back at camp, kinda neat with the snow.

elk57gc.jpg

Here is a picture of what we called home for a week, can't beat the view!

elk33ln.jpg

This one is my favorite, my cousin lives is Lander WY. and has his pilots license and a plane, well after we came doem from the mountain he flew me up to show me where we were hunting. The tip of the canyon you see in the middle is where we shot the elk in the picture and the camp was about 1.5 miles straight up the the canyon. The elk would come down from the treeline in the evening down to the ranchers alfalfa fields and feed all night, and in the morning they would trek back up and filter into the draws and eventually bed down. We were in the right place at the right time. Unforgettable. Irvindog, funny you mentioned coyotes following us, I was making a trip with a quarter on my back later that same day and I cut a set of fresh mountain lion tracks that weren't there on my way down. I never thought I could move that fast in that thin of air! Needless to say I never even saw him, but you all know that how you can freak yourself out if you try hard enough.

elk45fj.jpg