• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marshmiller Lake Ice thickness

I know someone who was gonna fish there today. The bays by the taverns should be OK. The Chipp R. in Eau Claire is frozen over by hwy 124. Sounds like the weather may warm up so play it safe. I will try to keep a Marshmiller update if you guys are interested.

Cooter, That would be great. I was going to head over last weekend but I was told by the guy at Cedar Inn the rain on Thursday made it very dangerous. I would buy a guy his favorite beverage if he kept me posted.

Thanks for your help. cool.gif

"Your bobbers down!"

Went out on Marsh Miller Tues, the 21st. Ten inches of ice with small cars driving around on it. One blue gill in two hours. I saw one guy catching a few of them but it was slow. Lots of tip up fishing going on and saw one flag go up in those two hours.

I was using waxies on an ant. I heard the old guys commenting on my choice, so I don't know what is right or wrong.

My girlfriend outfished me using a moon glow teardrop she found on the ice.

Do most guys use larve?

The old guys also didn't commented on me using a float.

I'm no expert on that lake.

Sully

You just gotta talk to those old farts, they usually are more than willing to share info. Like I said before, purple or black purists(smaller size) are usually good. A black flirty girty(size 10 I believe) with a wiggler, mousie, waxie, power wiggler, etc. is also an old standby. To switch things up I like a green Genz worm tipped with pink larvae or power wigglers. The Cheena bait is good to tip any jig with. Looks like Sat and Sun should be good days weather wise to get out - let us know how you do, I'll be bowhunting Sun.

Made a quick run over on Saturday. Fished about 2 hours and cleaned up about a dozen gills. All on Ratzo's (Not sure on the spelling.) with a waxie.

Fished from 6:30 to 8:30 am. Caught most of the keepers in the first hour. grin.gif

"Your bobbers down!"