• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I would think so, the temps have been getting down in the low 20' and high teens. Lots of lakes have ice on them, but you have to be real careful. By this weekend i think you will see a lot of people out. I would bet pelican is safe, if you look at the National Weather Service it is not going to get above freezing and will be in the teens for the next week.

Plenty of ice in the northeast part of the State. As was mentioned, they have been quite a bit colder than we have down here in the southeast. I would still be careful however by using a spud bar and having ice picks. I've heard quite a few good reports lately.

Thanks WxMan nobbody in this forum ever seems to respond to me. I live in webster and do a lot of fishing considering it is right in my back yard. I talked to a lot of guys at work that were all planning on going fishing this weekend. It could be real good.

I myself would stay off pelican, went out there this morning and out in front of the access on the Northwest side there was a big open spot that ran nearly to the south side of the lake and quite a ways West. The lake was compltely iced over a week ago, not anymore, and whats left looks very black. I wouldnt bet on being able to fish safely out there this weekend.