• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter Houses looking for ideas for chairs

klbowe

What are you guys using for chairs in your Otter.

Do you like the seats they offer or does anyone have a better idea.

Do you have to remove the Otter seats to load your auger and gear ? It look like they would take up alot of cargo space. How about a folding lawn chair ?

Hi there, I just made some seats for mine. I bolted a 6"x7.5" plate of 1/2" alum. under the pole support brackets. Then I fastend a 1"x8"x6' from one to the other. Added a support in the middle and bolted on the seats.I bought the seats at Fleet Farm. They are the same as the economy seats that Otter sells or that is in the Fish trap scout. They are in the boat section.

Last year I just used the folding camp chairs and did alright. The only problem is with the sled curving up on the one end, you can only get 2 chairs in there and they are very close, IMO. The chairs also find a way to break things that are in the bottom of the sled, and they make you sit back to far away from the hole, causing you to lean way over forward to sight fish, very hard on the back. I am thinking of getting the bench seat this year. The bench seat folds up out of the way to get to your gear, and the backrest folds down during transport.

I have the bench that Otter sells which spans the sled rails with the boat seat mounted on it. Has the cupholder in the front between your legs. Works good and allows for you to put other gear underneath, yet easily accessible. It slides side to side which makes it easy to position and adding a second one would be no problem.

I have the seat LMITOUT is talking about. I like it a lot, but after I saw my friend's bench seat (the long padded seat that extends the length of the sled) I decided that was the way to go this year, so I bought one. It is worth every penny!!

This bench also pivots off the back of the sled, so loading gear is a piece of cake. Then it rests back into place for traveling.

I'm Thinkin Bench , My cousin had one in his Polar Sports house and it was pretty comfortable.

It looks like the hinges make it pretty easy to load your auger and gear.

I originally thought about the lawn chair route but thanks for warning me about breaking stuff and having to lean out too for the holes sounds like a back breaker.

i dont have an otter and have never fished out of to really know if this would be feasible, but on thing to consider would be oneof those "keeper d-lux" ice fishing seats. i have mine in my flip over shack right now just for organizations sake as i dont need the seat but it compacts a lot of gear into a small space to fit in your sled. it has lots of cargo room.. wwill protect your poles, has a pop/beer holder, tackle box compartment, even rod holders...

just a suggestion.

gophish

Got to have a comfy seat for hours upon hours upon hours of sitting in an ice house.

My little Otter Den has the economy seat from Otter. For being an economy seat, it is extremely comfy. I think its awesome.

I also just picked up a pair of the padded swivel seats from Otter for my Lodge. They are the ones with the metal bracket only, not the plastic bracket with the cupholders. These suckers are going to be awesome.

(For those of you who have seen my little Otter Den modifications in a previous thread, I'm cooking up something right now for my Otter Lodge. Stay tuned! wink.gif)

The thing I like about the bench is it utilizes the whole sled. I can then comfortably fit myself and a partner or myself and 2 kids pretty easy. I thought about the economy seats but figured I would need 3 of them. By the time you buy 3 of these seats, you would be better off money wise buying the bench. The other seats with the can holder and other little holders is also pretty appealing. Too many choices grin.gif