• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

People selling their LX-3's? What's up with that?

Moose-Hunter

Question

Howdy All...

I have my keys in hand, going to get a Marcum LX-3. Newer models to boot. Now I see people here selling them. And these folks are who I would consider "in the know" about such things...

What's up? Is there something new out there that's THE depth finder to have? Fill me in here!!

14 answers to this question

SInce you are all talking about the LX-3...I have a question. I have the LX-1 (w/o zoom)and want to set it up for my trolling motor, but all I can find are transducers for the LX-3. The store stated that Marcum doesn't make a transducer for the LX-1 for the trolling motor. I was wondering if the LX-3 transducer kit would work for the LX-1 with-out causing interference etc. or is the store just full of it?

Thanks

I sold mine too and got another one. Used it for two seasons and got $315 for it on hsolist, not too shabby.... EBays flooded pretty good now with Vexilars. Nothing on hsolist when I did the MarCum LX-3 search, hhhhmmmm.

When I was going to buy a Marcum last year I did a search on hsolist but there where none for sale. That was a plus in my book. I went to gander a got it for $360. because I opened a charge account. Then I won one at the Miile Lacs event. grin.gif I bought the transducer for the trolling motor and use it year around.

I had a new FL18 last year for the ice series at Winnie. At the event I seen The Marcom LX3. Though the FL18 worked good and I enjoyed fishing with it, I owned the LX3 shortly after that. They will not be able to pry the LX out of my cold frozen hands!!! The diference I noticed right away was the targets did not jump and blend with other targets and or bottom. Just one steady consistant target with Marcom. Cant wait to play this winter!!!!

Speaking of Marcum and transducer's....I talked with them at the ice show and they told me that in 2005 they would be coming out with a dual beam transducer. I guess I know one thing already for next yrs Christmas list!