• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Frabill, Fish Trap, or Otter?

For what it's worth. I have a Fish Trap Scout and an Otter II Den. I use the Scout when I fish by myself because it's easier to pull. I like the Otter but in deeper snow and hilly terrain it whups me. I also think that the Scout's flip over system is a little easier to operate, although it is also a little more confining than the Otter. If I were 35 years younger I might go with the Otter. I'm not, so I use the Scout.I have never used a Frabill product so I really can't help with that one. <'((<

Hey Lucky, I too have a fish trap, but it is the 2 man guide. It has been one of the best investments i've made next to the LX3. When loaded it can be a little heavy though, especially through deep snow. I really like the Frabill XLTWIN, but it is quite a bit heavier than the fishtrap. I'm buying a snowmobile soon, so weight will not be a big factor at that point. The one man huts are nice and light, but a little tough to fish 2 poles out of. I like the 2 man hut when fished alone. Enough room for 2 poles, marcum and heater. Just my opinion though. Either way, a good hut is one of the best investments you can make for ice fishing. Good Luck!!

I bought the Frabill xlite. 27lbs dry. Not 27lbs now with all my gear but wanted to start with the lightest possible. Little confining but light weight (dry) was what I was looking for. Got mine at discount tackle on Sante Fe.