• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

when i was pheasant hunting in sd this thanksgiving weekend, I saw the most ducks in my life, counting the ones on tv and movies. Mallards were everywhere, the sky was just loaded with them, Idk if the duck season is still open, but there was a water hole where we were hunting, and there were ducks wanting to land. if i had some dekes, i or anyone would have had their limit within 10 min, no talk. I could not believe it, u wouldn't either. alot of snows too!

-jn

I think South Dakota waterfowl hunting is probably the most UNDERrated thing out there. Everybody goes there to hunt pheasants and misses out on the real deal: A WATERFOWL/PHEASNT COMBO HUNT! You have to apply for waterfowl licenses through a drawing though unless you are on the reservations. This may sound bad, but I think a lot of the "hunters" who go to SD pheasant hunting are more tourist yuppie types and not big time hunters so that explains why a lot of their hunters don't partake in the waterfowl, but I've never understood why even the locals don't seem to get too excited about the waterfowl hunting there and the hunters who go there either...