• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fox Lake late hunt

Anyone in the Sherburn area been seeing any numbers of geese? We'll be hunting by Clancy's point next weekend, and wont be able to get there untill after dark on Fri., so any info would be helpfull!

P.S. Jamie if you read this, let me know on the layout blind situation....507 359-3022

I was wondering how everyone did around sherburn during the late goose season. I was out muzzleloading instead this year. I am upset that there are people that can't follow the rules on the refuge. There were people that were shooting right on Fox Lake this year. Not only do you need to be so far away from both Fox Lake and Temperance Lake's water, there is no reeds to have cover in, which if I remember right that means it would be illegal to hunt on them anyhow.

Late goose on Fox is closed now. (on the 13th).

Longline.... ARe you just talking about for late goose? I hunted Fox this year. Plenty of redds in the northern bay. Good for 4 groups. Not alot of action this year, better in the past. But it is a legal hunting lake. I talked to CO Julie Siems (a cutie by the way) and she basically told me if you can legally acess the lake and hunting legally, away from building and such than she sees no problem. I even told her when I was going to be hunting Fox. Not one peep. Heck, she even came by to check my licsense again. She's tuff, but as long as your legal she's cool.

We've been hunting Fox for several years now. You need to be 100 yds. or more away from the water. This law was changed about 6-7 years ago because the lake is now classified as a resting area. If that particular CO told you otherwise, I think she might be wrong. If not, awesome!I'd love to hunt them on the water again.

blush.gif I guess I better check. I have seen hunters on it every year for the last few years. I wasnt the only one on it that day either. There was no postings at the ramp or nothing written up on the regs. Might be pulled off. Who knows, I am going to send off an email to the DNr tonite. Will respond with their answer.

It says right in the regulations that you have to be 100 yards from the water on both Fox Lake and Temperance lake when the refuge is open. I would like to know exactly where you were hunting on the lake though. I spend a lot of time on that lake during the summer and I don't remember there being any reeds on the lake unless they grew up after the middle of september.