• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Morrum SX

Scoot

Question

I have an Abu Morrum SX. It's a sexy little reel. I'm told you can only get the SX series in Europe as Abu is based out of Switzerland (or was it Sweden?) and only releases the SX reels semi-locally.
How much is this reel worth? Anyone else have one?
So far I have to rate it as a completely kick-sphincter reel! I absolutely love it!!!
Scoot

3 answers to this question

Scoot,
Yepper they are indeed most sweet, I have an SX1601 and a SX3601. These reels are part of the International series and were made for the Japanese Bass fishing market. Cabelas had them listed last year or the year before in their at 299.99, and the SXM's at 329.99. They're listed on the ABU HSOforum now for 324.99 and 349.99 respectively. I gotta a bud in Sweden who gets me them fairly reasonably. I have sold a few of these on HSOList and usually get around $175-210 for a NIB model SX, and a little more for the SXM's.

Fisky

Nope, I don't think so. I have'nt had any for sale since about early March or so. I got some 1600 and 2600 C IAR's coming soon, some lefties and some righties. Those are some sweet reels too, but not as nice as SX's. Will also have some Australian 6500TC Pacific Blues, these are a nice medium blue w/lazer engraved sailfish and the words "Pacific Blue" engraved. Lot's of stainless vs. chrome in these and a single power handle....very purdy!!! Also some 6500TC Barra Kings, same as pac blues but maroon with a Barrumundi and the words "Barra King", also purdy!

Fisky

[This message has been edited by fiskyknut (edited 06-17-2003).]