• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice-fishing Gloves

Lost

What do you recommend for ice-fishing gloves? I realize that I most likely won't use any in a warmed up shelter but when sitting on buckets or running around after tip-ups, what's best? I was considering some neoprene gloves but have also seen Polar Gloves with a removeable and washable lining. But I would think the neoprene would keep my hands dry.

Lost, The gloves I like to use most are the quick flip style. They have cut off fingers and a flip top that acts as a mitten. Be sure to get the ones with the thumb cut in them. These gloves are great because you have access to your fingertips which lets you tie on jigs, bait hooks, handle fish, etc. These aren't for the extreme cold days but are good all around gloves. They are so nice that my wife made me get her a pair. Now that says somethin' grin.gif

Good Luck

Corey Bechtold

For digging fish out of a hole and running to tip ups them polar gloves are the ticket! I got to use a pair of them last year and they keep ur hands nice'n warm and dry. I dont like the neoprene gloves as your hands start to sweat and then get really cold.

I also have a pair of gloves with removeable fingers and thumb. It took a while to find a pair with removeable thumbs but it was worth the wait and find. Between them 2 I like them a lot.