• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

suburban hunting

mudman

Here is a subject I would like everyone who hunts in the "metro" area or areas that have a dense human population.

MOVEMENT OF DEER>

I am finding the typical prime time sunrise and set are not producing much action for the BIG boys.

A theroy that has spawned is that these typical primetimes are not the same for the city deer.

Instead the primetimes are usually after dark and 10am-2pm when people are at work.

The reason is that during your typical sunrise and set times in the fall you looking at rush hours, people letting their pets outside, kids at the bus stop, just about the most active time of the day.

Case in point I get up every morning at 5 am and don't leave for work until 830 and never see deer. I came home for lunch yesterday and had 6 in the garden at 1pm

It has been brought to my attention and with all the morning hours I have put in this year and others years back I look back and notice that I have never been successful, its usually right before dark and during the afternoon on weekends when I see, kill my deer.

All and any thought and theroies would be great.

I agree with ya to a point. I also bowhunt an area that you can see houses and here people start there cars/truck and go to work and hear kids playing, hootin and hollering when they come home from school. More and more houses are being errected in the area and I'm affraid one day I won't be able to bowhunt there anymore. But I see deer all day long but mostly around 1hr after sunrise and the last hour of daylight. There still are some big boys that are always gonna stay nocturnal.

Okay, I'll get the stupid comment out of my brain right away. Now is surburba hunting something you can get a license for or is it still considered grand theft auto?

I can see where they certainly could be more active during midday as they've undoubtedly realized that there's way less activity at that time of day. They like it quiet, if it's quiet then why wouldn't they come out then?

I think the big boys still move at dark. A friend saw a HUGE buck the other night standing on the road. It was 15 yards from the car in the headlights. He counted 22 points and was not done counting when it ran oft. He said it looked like a moose it was so big. This guy is not one to pull my chain. I'm sure it will get hit by a car or something like that.

No I agree totally I was just saying that my midday hunt is alway better in the city than when I go up north where the hunt is mostly better in the evening and mornings.

I was just theroizing you know expanding the mind. grin.gifwink.gif