• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

attaching tow bar to otter sled?

Kylersk

I've got a home made tow bar/hitch for my otter sled. What's the best way to attach it to the sled itself? I'd think some sort of d-clip/pin would be best as it would be easy to remove and re-attach, but I cant seem to find any long enough (about 4.25").

When I attached mine I welded a 1" diameter pin on the end near the sled, I had a 1/4" cross hole drilled through it. I then drill a 1" hole through the sled. I used locking pins that you can buy at any farm store through the cross hole. I think that they are PTO pins, I also use these to hold the ball latch shut after I hitch up my trailer. Used this for 3 years now, and the holes are just starting to wear out.