• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone have experience with LFP-300 LO-K-TOR?

Franchiz

Question

4 answers to this question

I have the Green Box and the Gold Box and neither was what I thought effective threw the ice or in a hole. I guess after running a Vex or Marcum for so long those old units are just extra weight.

I did however take my gold unit into the BWCA a bunch of years back and with a suction cup ducer on the side of the canoe it worked good as a depth finder. Not much of a fishfinder.

Hey, that brings back memories, that was the first locator i ever purchased. Was the cats meow back then, but i have seen them on HSOList for $10 now. It will get you by, but unless money is the issue, take northlanders advice, you will enjoy your outings more.

I have 2 of them on the shelve in the family room. one I bought 25 years ago and thought I had the best there was,its great for checking depths alot faster then a rod and weight. now its to show how far ice-fishing has come from the old days.

I last used my Green Box about 4 or 5 years ago thru the ice. It worked fine for depth readings and even for fish but if you use a small crappie jig it would only show it at depths above 12 or 15 feet. In shallow water its not too bad. Polar Bear