• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2 stands, 1 not mine!

Jmnhunter

Went out yesterday to my bowstand to set up some scrapes and my scent dripper. I walked about 30yrds to find out that there is another hangon stand right next to me on the same ridge. you would have to walk next to mine in order to get to the stand. IDK if i just didnt see it when I put mine up a while ago, or if he just put his up. Should I move my stand or just hunt there when he/she isn't there?The thing is that I found alot of scrapes yesterday making me want to stay, I put my dripper up anyways. What should I think of doing?

-Thanks, JN

I would think of buying my own land. I don't have that problem and if I did I know what I would do.

Seriously I would still hunt it. What are the chances of both of you being there at the same time. If you are seing alot of scrapes are they favoring your stand or his/her? What direction are they traveling? I know it would suck if both of you are out there at the same time but it depends on the deer on who gets the shot. Hopefully it works for you.

PikeTipper makes an awesome point.

This might get back into the whole public land fiasco again, but if it's public land, you both have just as much right to be there as the other, & technically as previously discussed neither of you are supposed to leave a stand there. I guess I'd hunt it & hope you either he's not there & you get a deer, or if he shows up then talk it over with him to fine out when he put his up & figure out how you guys want to work it. You never know the best thing might be to hunt together, it could be a real blast. Maybe the guy wants a deer really bad & only gets out 5 times a season & you can shoot a deer for him, who knows.

Bigbucks,

My understanding is you can't leave a stand in WMA overnight but you can in State Forest. The only problem is it is technically state property so if someone else is in the stand you can't kick him out.

thanks guys, I'm in a state forest so it is legall to leave my stand there. As for the scrapes, I'm 99% sure they are real because there are tracks in them with droppings, (as soon as i found there was stand there, I thought about the scrapes being fake also!) the scrapes are about 80 yrds away from our stands, so I dont think he would make them down away from himself.

thanks for the info., WB, good idea!

-Good Hunting

JN