• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Geese at LQP Yet ?

I talked to my in-law yesterday and he lives out there. He told me not to bother coming this weekend. I was going to go tomorrow but I am going to stay home and shoot some ducks tomorrow morning instead.

NO NO NO NO.

I was there TUE morning. near the SW corner of the refuge. We saw some flying but not that many. The refuge states 20,000 which is very low. At the spot my friend leases it's just a matter of minutes before you have your goose. Well not tuesday! We sat until 11:00 and heard some shooting early but not much.

I've hunted down there at least once a year for the past 7 years and by far the worst it's been frown.gif

was there the 21,23,and24 of this month not alot of geese there, Got one out of our party of three guys we saw alot but they were all really high we hunted the 99,103,and 86 blinds but the one came out of 99, there were only about 30 or so taken in all three days I was there out of over 50 hunters per day

We had a group of six hunting there on the 26th & 27th. Got rained out on the 28th. On Monday, there were 3 geese taken off the refuge and 6 on Tuesday by all hunters participating. Our group of six fired three shells in two days. Worst I've ever seen it. The water blinds are having a bit better luck than the field blinds.

My mom owns a farm between Watson and Milan about 1 mile as the crow files from the refuge line. I live 25 miles from the Lac Qui Parle WMA and have been down there only twice, it really isn't worth it even being this close. To me it seem that the hunt has been getting worse and worse in the past few years.