• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

St. cloud pheasants

I don't think you can hunt that area south of St. Cloud on Hwy 10. If we are thinking the same one. Between the rest stop and the last stop light. Next to the driving course. I thought the same a couple years ago and it said no hunting

Theres lots of public land within a 45 min drive of St. Cloud that holds a fair amoount of birds. They get hit hard early and then later not so hard. I don't usually hit them much until after Thanksgiving. But the Sauk Centre area is good. So is the Paynesville area. The area around Kimball is pretty good as well. Also there are a lot of birds around Rice and Foley but you'll need to knock on some doors there as there is limited public land in those areas.

Good Luck!

Borch

I live in Sauk Centre and there have been a few birds around. But if you are making the drive to hunt pheasants I would go to the Brooten area. I drove over there last Saturday and there is a ton of public land and a that has always been a good area of the state to hunt. It is only a twenty minute drive from Sauk Centre and well worth it. In the area close to Sauk there are only a few public areas and they get hunted HARD on the weekends. The weekdays are pretty empty though.

Matt,

Who did you get your dog from?