• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tick alert - Pillager Area

GoodToGo

I grouse hunted in Pillsbury State Forest by Pillager this weekend. I pulled 60-70 deer ticks off my dog on Sunday, plus probably 30 on Saturday. In the summer/early fall I use Frontline, but didn't put any on this month. I won't be taking the dog back to that area. She got a "bullseye" on her belly from a bite right away on Sunday. There weren't many birds around anyway.

If you have noticed that your dog had a "bullseye" area around a tick bite, maybe a trip to the vet might be in order as that is one of the 1st signs with associated with lymes. Better to be safe than sorry. Good luck.

I've gotten into really thick ticks in Pillsbury as well, but I think you may be mistaken. These late season congregations are typically wood ticks, not deer ticks. Freaky stuff. I've walked along without any problem and then "WHAM", my dog and I are covered!!

The ticks they are seeing are deer ticks we had the same problem in the Nevis area the last two years the first year I did not have frontline on we spent all of our time picking them off. if anybody is planning on hunting any place up north treat your dog with frontline and pay the extra for Lyme desease . Also bring bug spray with as high as deet as you can for your self .