• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

gun dealer / trader.....

slotfish

hi all,

need some advice.....

i have 6 guns i'm looking trade in on a new (or two) shotgun and rifle. what should i know about doing such a thing- where's a fair and reputable place, etc. big store? small shop? along with any other expertise in this area you can offer. lastly, one of them is a reminton/browning w/the squared head- from when the company was one (apparently) way back when. my older uncles always told me to hang-on to it, but it's heavy, and such, and i never seem to use it. any thought on that too? i'm not by any means an authority on this subject so i want to go in "armed" with some knowldge. (couldn't resist the pun)

thanks in advance....

slotfish

I've gone to Reed's for tradeins and they are fair. I would think a larger store will give you a better deal. But of course you need to find the gun you want, and if only one place has it......well you're stuck.

I know Reed's is a huge Dealer of Benelli. That's what I ended up trading into......bout 12 years ago...so technically my Dad traded in some of his for it...same idea though. The new Benelli Rifles are pretty slick as well. But some Major money.

If any of them happen to be old military (Mausers, etc.) try milsurpshooter.net. It's a great bunch of guys that will help you out.

Of course, I'd be interested to hear what you've got as well.

I would imagine you'll be hard pressed to find a dealer/shop that will give you fair prices for them. Remember that they want to sell them for a fair price and still make a profit.

I'd suggest doing some research and finding out what you've really got and then try and sell them individually, possibly at a gun show.

Heck, post a list here and you might get some offers.

Hope that helps...

Tom