• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

secluded Camground suggestions

smartguy

Does anyone have any suggestions of a senic, secluded campground from Central MN north? I'm looking for a site where you can't see your neighbors (have never been a fan of campgrounds that have a lack of privacy). Modern bathrooms are a plus, too.

I know the BWCA may be an option, but I'm lookingfor something more acessible.

Suggestions? Thanks!

After this weekend, you're not too likely to find a public campground with modern bathrooms. Many of the state parks remain open for rustic camping and offer water and pit toilets but that tends to scare away the less adventerous.

There's plenty of state forest campgrounds. I like the two east of Ely on Hwy. 1.

Smartguy

Check out either the Echo Lake(About 20 sites) or Lake Jeanette (About 12 sites)campgrounds on the Echo Trail in the Superior National Forest. They are NE of Orr, MN. near Buyk, MN. Echo Lake is 1 mile from highway and Jeanette is another 12 miles. Fee is $10 per night. They have good latrines and water. Water will stay on until freeze threathens. Jeanette is more senic and Echo Lake offers more privacy. Both are great. Have fun!

It's tough to find the best of both worlds(privacy and modern facilities.) Chief Woodenfrog State Campground on Lake Kabetogama is an idea, you'll have privacy and great access to the lake, can't guarentee modern restrooms. Good Luck looking for Shangri La.