• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

shore fishing

big_fish_guy

Anyone been at McCarthy or Senic state parks? Will be towing pop-up, so no room for boat. I was wondering how the shore fishing is at these two places? I expect it would be basically panfish for the kids. Do they have docks or piers to fish off of?

Each has shore fishing opportunities. I haven't fished them, so I can't tell you what to expect. Check out the DNR HSOforum or call the DNR information number for specifics. Rental boats would be an option while camping. Scenic has rentals and one campground has docks along shore.

Scenic is great. Like Norsk said, there's a boat dock by the main campground and also a fishing pier by the beach. We bring a small boat when we camp there and have caught lots of bluegill, crappie, bass and small walleye. I'd download a map at the DNR site and stop at the bait place in Bigfork and ask for info. You can rent a boat with or without motor. I think it's maybe $30 for a day without motor.

We only swim at McCarthy. Sturgeon Lake is too full of boozed-up power-boaters and pontooners to consider any kind of real fishing.