• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Onboard charger and rainsuit questions

Question

What a combination of questions huh? :-)

First, when I charge my batteries with my Guest onboard charger should I leave the charger plugged in and charging between fishing trips, even if it's for a couple of weeks between trips?

Second, I was turkey hunting yesterday and found out that barb wire and Cabela's Dry Plus rain suits are not a good combination. mad.gif Luckly, it was just a small tear down around the ankle, is there something I can repair it with?

Thanks in advance,
Renn

3 answers to this question

Try sportsman's Goop. I have used this to patch my portable ice houses holes and was told that it works well on Neoprene waders to. I have also heard of some kind of Farbric gule that if you have a patch you can glue to the inside of the hole and I guess that works good to you can find it at most farbric stores. I would try the goop first though it should work for you.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

A good charger will taper down as the battery reachs full charge. I wouldnt leave it on the battery for extended periods of time however.
A good battery will hold a charge for long periods.

If you storing a battery at a remote location for say like over winter then a trickle charger would be better.

From what I understand with the unboard charger you can leave the thing plugged in all of the time. The unboard charger will turn off when the battery is full. Most guys leave their unboard chargers plugged in all winter because the cold weather is hard on batteries and the charger will keep the battery charged up.