• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Outpost Company

I'm looking at setting up a fishing trip for 6 to Salveson Lake Ontario in July or August. I am browsing through a brochure right now for Halley's Camps (The Outpost Company). Looking for additional information on the fishing, boats, and cabins. I want to catch walleyes like sunnies.

KOZY- I have fished Salveson every year consecutively since 95' Last year was our first with Haley's and they were great. It is a long skinny lake that is impossible to get lost on. There are Islands but they are close to shore so it is not a maze.

If you go, make sure you fish the rapids on the west end. The fish run bigger on the west end as well. As far as numbers...Salveson will satisfy your craving. Morning to evening 70 fish a day for yourself is not out of the question if you fish hard.

They run 14 or 16 footers with 9.9 mercs. They troll really nice and are quiet. As far as the cabins, I believe Haley's has 2 on the lake. Both of which are nice and have all you need. Definitely bring a Graph/sonar and troll the shoreline 7-20 feet deep and graph fish before you fish it. Any questions....Shoot!!!

------------------
1...2...bam got him

[This message has been edited by Guido (edited 01-31-2004).]

Thanks for the info. We were up at Wiley Point Resort on LOW last year and had a great time but the walleye fishing was a little slow. Can't complain too much though we had one great day fishing Northern and boated numerous fish in the 35" to 40" range. Great resort and it has the best service I have ever seen in Canada!