• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northern Lights

Just got back and had a few great days of fishing. Lots of eyes in the 15-20" range and 1 that was 30" and 10 pounds. Also missed one at the boat that was even bigger! If you havent tried this lake and your a trophy eye hunter you got to try it! Biggest eye this year was 14.6 pounds!!! WoW!

Stayed at Northern Light Resort. Bussy place but not real loud. Cheap too because your charged Canadian. For me and the wife it was about $500 for 7 days with everything. Docking is 1st come 1st serve but had no problems. They have boat bouyies in case it gets ruff and you dont want your boat smacking up on the dock. 1-807-933-5025 tell Bob Steve S. sent you. I would recomend June July or Sept. Aug. was HOT!

Northlander, I know that lake well. Where did you do your best for the piggie eyes? I tend to fish the NW end and have never been disapointed yet. We usually camp up there. Were you fishing shorline areas or submerged reefs? Did jigging, casting cranks, or bobber fishing take the bigger ones? maybe I'll head there this weekend...Thanks for any info. you can give up.

Eyewitness, I did best fairly close to the resort. The 2 riefs on the Northwest of Paradise were good. The one in the west side of Paradise was my honey hole at night. 3 hours and 36 fish, by myself.
Fished all sunken rock piles and reefs. Most bigger fish were caught real early in the morning. By 5 am. Live bait rigs and jigs. Crawlers were hot then! Smallest spin n glow worked well as did a blown up crawler on a green hook with a chart, bead. Caught only a few on slip bobbers. The smallmouth were like perch chewing off your crawlers constintley. I massive Northern took 1 off my line! E-mail me with any ? . [email protected]