• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Fly-In...Where should I go?

I'm looking to bring my son on our first fly-in trip, but don't know where to get started.

Can anyone make recommendations for lodging and fishing. We are looking for a mulit-species lake, primarily big pike.

Thank You!

lengendelite; My recommendation for a terrific resort to fly into would be Nielsen's Fly-In Camp, on Rowan Lake, Ontatio. The camp is a 15 minute flight from Nestor Falls. The accommodations provided by Don & Linda Pursch are second to none. The lake boasts very large muskie, a large population of lake trout, good walleye fishing in nearby Hill Lake. We only fish for lake trout, but noticed some nice northerns being caught. Its been a few years since we have been back, every time we have been there everything was first class, great food (we went for the american plan), near new boats and motors, clean cabins and great personal.
Tel. No. winter-218-547-3800; summer 807-484-2259. Wherever you choose to go have a great time!

------------------
Keep a tight line,
Kingfisher

There are a LOT of fly-ins to choose from out there with varying price ranges. I have gone to about a dozen different lodges. Last year I went to an outpost cabin at KississingLodge.com in Manitoba. The fishing was great. The problem with looking for a location for this year with the fly-in season starting in less than a month is that it will be really difficult getting an early time-slot (when the Northern fishing is usually best). However, if you are interested in going to Hassett Lake June 1-8 with my friend and I at the afore mentioned lodge, let the lodge know or I can give you my e-mail address. Right now, there are just the 2 of us going. The lodge really wants at least 4 people to go to make it worth their while. We originally had our wives slated to go this year, but they gimped out on us...something about manicures or pedicures that week.
The lake we are going to is kind of unique because there are actually 2 lakes; one is pretty much a Lake Trout Lake and the other a Northern lake. The cabin was just built last year. The biggest Northern we caught last year was 18 pounds. Anyone interested in going with us in a month, let me know.