• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone fishing????

Anyone still alive out there? Anyone doing any fishing? I havent been out too much other than a few wading smallie trips in the Skunk River. Hope to get out all day on Labor Day, but we will see how well that plan holds up. The fall bite is coming....dont put those poles up too soon smile.gif

goody

Goody7,I have been fishing southern IA. alot.Been doing super good o Bull blue gills.Crappie are just starting up agin in the ponds I fish.Using tube jigs any color works right now 1 inch size.ICE JOHN

some locals won't like this to get out,but we have been getting 'eyes every day on the cedar between plainfield and waverly[1-3#s] nightcrawlers and FROGS!. on the worm rod you have to go thru about 3-5 suckers then an 'eye gets it,on the frog its either an 'eye or a cat always.

Glad someone is getting some time in out there and willing to share a little about it. Frogs huh? That is a good sign as frogs are a great fall walleye bait in rivers and such....some dont know that. Lets keep those reports coming in all...except you IceJohn...nobody cares about you bluegills smile.gifwink.gif

goody

i fished volga this morning. i was bass fishing. caught 5, lost three and missed one.lures; ulta lite hula poppers,buzzbait, and tube jig. saw a few crappie caught off the fishing pier, many boat out, but didn't get a chance to talk to them. del

i thought i would pull this back up. the lakes may still be mostly iced over, but many of the small rivers are open. i fished below a dam on the waspie last sat. manage to catch one 3 1/2 # northern. ( my first open water fish of the year!) hope to hit the cedar one of these next days for a walleye. grin.gif

This cold weather is holding that ice out just a bit too long for me...would be ok if it was all good ice, but its not.....

Went ice fishing this morning on a small isolated farm pond....BAD ice along the edge but once I got on it there was 3 1/2" of good ice out there. Water was a lot more stained than all year thanks to the recent thaws and the fish were really negative.

Hoping 12 and 3 mile will open up here soon....hear Easter is open so I may try that if nothing else....my boat is itching to get out! smile.gif

goody

2/27, We started at Silver and caught 1 Smoothie so we started heading north around noon. We drove by Lost Island and it looked completely deserted, not even a track in the snow. We decided to hit Trumble(sp?). No action until almost dark and then the Perch came through like crazy and then it was all over in an hour.

2/28 we fished some Limestone pits around Gilmore City and caught a few 'gills and some Bass.

Last night a buddy and I hit Gray's Lake after work and he caught 1 Catfish and we had few other bites on dead Shad chunks.

Don't worry Goodyy you'll make it to open water wink.gif