• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I called Dome Bait and Tackle last weekend and he said they had 4-7" everywhere except around airiators. He didn't have a good report of fishing and said "they were just getting started". I would assume the yellow bass would be going soon. Sorry I don't have more info for you.

johnston bait and tackle said a guy stopped in and caught 19 yellow bass that he kept the other day. i might go up tomorrow with some tip ups for some pike. i am clue less about yellow bass, maybe i will learn how to fish them some day.

Fished Clear Lake on Sunday and Tuesday, 9 yellow bass and two 13" eyes on Sunday, 11 yellows and three 13" eyes on Tuesday. No keeper walleyes but it's still fun catching a bunch of yellows. Almost all of the action was between 4:30 and 5:30 PM. Fished the west end of the lake and had 11" of ice.

I was thee last week and casught 30-40 yellows with my uncle....and belive it or not a nine pound walleye on a tip up. My uncle lives on the lake and fishes it about every day. He says the action on yellows is still steady off lone tree point....and even off dodges point.....heres a reel kicker...he told me yesterday he was catching them right out in front of the grade...where the current comes in...there was plenty of ice there..he said he caught a few eyes out of there too...keepers...ill be out there all next week so ill keep you guys updated

wow i did not know the muskie's took over at c.l. thats ok, maybe i will catch one of them. i also have pictures of a 9# 3oz walleye i caught at c.l. so does dome bait house. jan 1,2,3,4 south dakota here i come! pike fish in the day, walleyes at night.

Dido on that. Havn't secured a motel or rental house yet, but plan on fishing a few of the sloughs and Waubay. We will leave central Iowa sometime on the 31. Here's a number you can reach me if you get something going 712-260-1014 or 712-260-2560. Any help locating the cooperative fish would be appreciated. I'll do the same if you give me a number.

Thanks!

rodbender

I have a good friend that lives up there, and he always guide's us. what a connection to have. my number is 515-250-2532- if you do not have a place to stay, i have a number to a place in watertown, that is where i will be staying. we are always set up good for these trips!

Rod Bender- I dont think the muskie really ran out the pike but due to habitat loss for northerns and the constant stocking of muskies in Clear lake the northerns were eventually depleted to few fish...Now thats more logical then chased em out>>

------------------
"keep your line wet and your gun on the shoulder"

Fishing on Clear Lake on Dec. 26.. Drove on lake today..got on at Farmers Beach road.. ice 12" Yellow bass still heating up at 3:00 PM Caught 30 tonite with a few larger ones. No one has found numbers of the larger eyes yet... A huge supply of baby yellows seems to keep them well fed but I believe if your on top of them they are catchable useing cutbait on a blue and silver Kastmaster or a 3" minnow .. Fish are no longer biting in the main channel... continue to move east the lenghth of lake. The fishermen tend to bunch up... Stay away from the crowd and move around and you will catch fish good luck.

Went out tonight....WOW!!!...We probably caught 45-50 yellows ...Still no signs of numbers of walleyes...Me and wolfy went out and had fun thoe...Get out to clear lake for some fast action

------------------
"keep your line wet and your gun on the shoulder"

Highball, we're looking at heading that way tomorrow afternoon. Where can I find the yellows? I've never caught them before. Do they hit during the day/night or both? Any special lures that I should tie on. Thanks for the help. [email protected]

[This message has been edited by rod bender (edited 12-28-2003).]

Fishing report for the day. We went out from 3-6. Action was steady from 4-5 and the total was 15 yellow bass...and what do ya know a keeper walleye...the weather change slowed things down a bit...the hot lure was a blue and silver swedish pimple tipped with cut bait or a minnow head.