• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

T Hass

shsball

Trenton signed an offer sheet with the Jailblazers!!!! WHY WHY..........man that kinda money leaves me kinda nervous that we wont match it....... id cry if we'd lose him..... he IS, not was, a huge part of this team, more then people think......

Yes I totally agree. I think if we are able to go into this season with a healthy THud,Wally, and Cassell we should have a great year. Also I think Kandi Man should be a lot better this year.
Take care,
Brad

Two ways to go on Hassell I think:

1) He's replaceable. He was a Chicago Bulls castoff. He came into the league as a scorer and came with the mindset that he could fill any role and the wolves set him to the task of being a shutdown defender. Isn't there another rookie or vet that we could get for cheap to come in and do the same thing and use the money elsewhere?

2) We direly need him. He knows the system. All great teams need a shutdown guy-A Bruce Bowen, Tayshaun Prince, Ron Artest. For our window of opportunity (1-2 years), we need this guy to fill this role no matter the high cost. We'll already be paying the luxury tax so who cares.

Personally I can see both sides but I think #1 makes more sense. Wally gets his chance to start (and hopefully shows some D), and we use the money elsewhere to get another good guy. I guess I'm happy no matter what the wolves do because Hassell wasn't guaranteed to be starting if we do bring him back. He would be a situational start between him and Wally World I would think game by game, not to mention that a healthy THudd would probably on occasion get minutes opposite Cassell. What a power packed guard combo that is, assuming THudd gets signed in the next day or two as is being reported.

Well barring potentially signing another fair big body pretty cheap the Wolves are likely done with signing people. I for one am very happy they decided to match the offer on Hassell & that THud finally signed his deal. With a little improvement from Kandi & a little better luck with injuries the Wolves are a strong candidate to win a championship this year. The Lakers certainly should not be their problem & I'm not convinced the Kings will be as good this year as they've been the past couple.

The Jazz & the Nuggets did definitely get better so the West still promises to be pretty interesting this year.

The teams that will challenge the Wolves will be the Nuggets and the Rockets. Other than that, most of the other teams took a HUGE step back, especially the lakers who will be the Bulls of the early 90s...pathetic.

Sacto has issues. Peja is screaming for a trade, Webber is just walking wounded and not a favorite amongst his team mates right now and they have the 2nd round exit spector hanging over their heads.

Utah will be improved, but not to the point that they will be giving the Wolves too many problems.

Dallas has not done much to bolster their already horrible defense and they lost Nash to boot.

Portland, Seattle, Clippers, etc, etc, barring unforseen circumstances, will not challenge the wolves either.

The scariest team will be Houston. Adding Tmac alongside Yao can cause anyone nightmares and causes almost the same problems that the combo of Shaq and Kobe did in years past. The Wolves will need to hope for Kandi and another of their big men to step it up this season, or make a trade which is still a possibility.

My prediction: Wolves-Indiana in the finals.