• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

152 2/8" Buck

Nice deer, looks like a good spread and long G1,2,3 and 4. It have broke the 170 with one extra point. It would really have been hard to pass him up. He doesn't look that grey and wondering if U had him aged or how were his teeth?

I notice a pair of smaller feet by the bucks hind end. Was there a 2nd deer there?

Congrats....

I shot the deer on the 22nd of November in the Lakeville area! I was sitting in my stand and at about 8:30 a doe came trotting by so I took a shot at her and she just kept on running so I figured I had missed her. As I sat back down I was putting another shell in my gun and looked back at where she had come from and here comes this HUGE rack through the brush, I just waited for about 15 seconds as it came to about 25 - 30 feet away and let him have it! First buck that have shot in this area! Oh yea, I got the doe too I found out a little later! The inside spread is 23 1/4 ", 24" maim beams, G2s were just under 11"!! Taxidermist figured it was about a 6 year old deer! I shot 1 other smaller buck and a doe also! Just in the right place at the right time I guess! I just wish I would have shot it with my bow, but oh well!

Jiggingspoon,
Why don't you have any pictures posted?

Rainman

[This message has been edited by Rainman (edited 04-14-2004).]

Hey Rainman i don't like to brag, that is why i don't post pics lol Just Kidding, yeah you definetly got me on the cat and the deer, prob everything else too, i need a digital camera to post some pics, but i wouldn't really impress anyone
JS

93python,
We saw a buck the very first year that we hunted this woods 5 years ago! Have not seen one since!

Jiggingspoon,
The pictures don't have to be impressive, just nice to see different people out catching fish and enjoying the great outdoors!

Rainman

hey rainman you said you shot him over by lakeville

My families farm is south of town about 8 miles I was wondering where exactly you shot him just courious not looking for any new property already have plenty to hunt

Rainman

Nice deer...hard to find an 8 that size!Was wondering where county road 8 was if it's near the sod farm at all...my Folks had a deer 3 years ago put his horns into the rear door on car! It to was an 8 pointer that looked like a twin to yours!I know cause the deer broke his neck while horns were stuck into the door so i was able to keep the rack and meat! Think those 2 deer are from same gene pool!

I ask myself this question every time I read a post that I feel is insulting. WHY OH WHY don't these supposedly intelligent deer hunters know anything about the animal they hunt? Deer have ANTLERS not HORNS! Antlers are solid bone, HORNS are hollow. Every time you people speak/write "horns" you insult yourselves by appearing uninformed (sounds better than dumb) AND you insult a beautiful majestic animal. Get educated!

well, "Rainman", if we all know what we mean like you say, then why can't you say what you mean using correct terminology? Or is it that you too closely resemble the movie character you've named yourself after? My comment is my opinion, whether others agree with it or not, and a forum is also a place for exactly that, opinions. I guess you are one of those people who only want to surround yourself with those who share the same opinions as yourself. What a sheltered life! That's probably why you and all your buddies all say "horns", there isn't one of you in the bunch brave enough to go against the rest. Either way, I wasn't trying to insult anyone, I just get frustrated with the professionals, the one's on TV and in books who don't use the correct terms. Layman like us can do whatever, but when people get paid to know what they are talking about, I figure they should really KNOW. I will sleep better tonight knowing that I got such a rise out of you. thanks

wannafish

I'd hate to see what your thoughts are when there is a truely insulting statement made about something.

Man, cool off just a tad.
Horns
Antlers
Racks
Who gives a rats arse?
Are you just jealous because you can't shoot a little weenie buck or what?

Nice deer Rainman! I am jealous of the horns he has.

dang rainman!! thats an awesome buck. the horns on him are so wide but yet the horns are tall too. i am also jealous because i can't shoot a deer with horns like that

Wannawhoever, Maybe you should read all the posts that are posted BEFORE you insult people! I did NOT call them HORNS in any of my posts,I called them Antlers! And normally I correct people who call then horns to, But I do it in a joking kind of way. Not like you did! Also you said you got a RISE out of me, That's Sick! VERY SICK! I prefer women myself, With a nice RACK!